Monday, January 28, 2019

Envigado Vest

Hi friends. I just realized that it's been almost a year since I posted anything, so.... Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and all that jazz!!! 2018 was a busy year for my family and 2019 is going to be just as busy for us. We are looking for a new home, my middle daughter will be turning 16 in May (Oh no!) and we are planning our annual family vacation... Whew! I hope to get more garment sewing done this year, and actually blog about it.

Anyways, on to today's post........

I've been testing a pattern for Kennis over at Itch to Stitch. I present you, Envigado Vest.
Envigado Vest is described as a princess seamed vest with ample front pockets and buttoned flaps, waist drawstring and optional hood with drawstring.
Envigado Vest Features:
  • Options for A, B, C, D and DD cups
  • Front and back princess seams
  • Waist drawstring for shaping
  • Ample front pocket with buttoned flaps
  • Optional hood with drawstring
  • Unlined bodice
Skill Level: Intermediate+
Sizes: 00 – 20 
 So let's talk about this awesome vest. Let me say this loud and clear: I DO NOT WEAR VESTS. I AM NOT A VEST KIND OF GIRL. However, I love, love, love this vest. It's trendy, cute and cozy. I cut a size 2 and graded to a size 4 in the hips. I used a corded bottom weight cotton that I purchased a while ago from Fabric Mart (sorry no longer available). I know you probably can't tell, but this fabric is very textured. 

I wanted to make my vest with fabric that was little more heavier, because I am literally always cold. This vest, paired with a warm top and boots, will have you looking super great. I am ready to hike in the Tennessee mountains with my husband this Fall!
The vest is unlined, except for the hood and the pockets. I used some tartan plaid lining that I've had for ages to line my hood and pockets. The vest features 6 front snaps and an enclosed front zipper. The front pockets have snaps as well. I did my usual pattern adjustment, which is shorten by 2 inches and I think the length is perfect on me. As per usual, the instructions were super clear and I love that Kennis offers pictures, every step of the way.

If you are looking for a cute and functional vest, this is it. The pattern is currently 20% off. I'm not sure how long it is on sale for but the price is right, so jump on it while you can!


Smooches

 



 




No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished